May 4, 2014
What is Fellowship Serves?
Fellowship Serves began in 2010 as an expression of our desire to be more intentional about serving our neighbors. In order to accomplish that, we have set aside one Sunday each year when everyone at FBCD worships in our communities through service, rather than in the worship center. After serving, we will all gather together at the church for a complimentary celebratory lunch at 12:15pm.
Childcare for birth through 5 years is available by reservation only! Click here to register for childcare.
How do you participate?
There are two ways to participate in Fellowship Serves: create your own project or join a team that is completing a Fellowship sponsored project.
- Creating your own project:
Creating your own project can be something as fun and simple as visiting the elderly, baking and delivering cookies to a neighbor, or writing and delivering notes of appreciation to local first responders.
You can also search for service projects here:
- Join a team completing a Fellowship sponsored project:
If you do not have a project and would like to join a team working on a Fellowship-sponsored project, you may browse a complete list of options through our online community, The City.
- Already on The City?
If you’re already on The City, click here to log in to your account.
- From your home page, expand the Groups section by clicking on the plus sign
- Click on “Search for Groups” at the bottom of your list of groups
- Enter the group name “Fellowship Serves”
- Click on the header for its description
- Click “Join Now”
- Check under the “Events” tab in the “Fellowship Serves” group to see the various projects and descriptions and click “yes” for the one that interests you.
- Not on The City Yet?
If you don’t have a City account, you can begin accessing information in one of two ways:
- Please email Cheryl Read and an invitation to join will be sent to you. (Be sure to check your spam folder if you haven’t received an invitation within 24 hours.)
- Go to The City Plaza now to view Fellowship Serves content on The City in a limited mode. If you’d like to RSVP to a particular project, you may do so using your Facebook login.
What if I am already signed up for a project before May 4th?
If you are already signed up for a project, then go directly to your project site on May 4th.
What do I do when I am finished with my service project?
Everyone is invited to join us on the north parking lot of Fellowship at 12:30pm for a complimentary celebratory lunch, live music, bounce houses, and baptisms!
Come join the fun and help us celebrate how God is working in our community!
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. Eph 2:8-10. NASB